If Romney’s wealth is “unimaginable” and his Swiss bank accounts somehow make him “out of touch”, how come John Kerry’s wealth didn’t bother Democrats one little bit back in 2004?
As NewsBusters points out, TV networks targeted Romney’s wealth on average 13 times more often than Kerry’s wealth.
Add to this the factor that Romney gave away all the money he inherited from his father to BYU, and made his money on his own, while Kerry married for money – twice, no less – and the hypocrisy becomes even more apparent.
So, in the eyes of the liberal media:
A man who made his own money, donated huge sums to educational institutions, and saved the 2002 Winter Olympics from a financial disaster – is a leper who’s not fit for presidency.
A man who whored himself out for money, evaded taxes on his yacht, lied about his war record, and never did more than a token gesture of philanthropy – was a valid candidate with a proven track record.
But, “there is no liberal media bias”. None whatsoever.
- Jane Harman (D-Calif.): net worth $244.7 million
- Herb Kohl (D-Wis.): net worth $214.5 million
- Mark Warner (D-Va.): net worth $209.7 million
- Jared Polis (D-NJ): net worth $66M
- Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn): net worth $55M
- Diane Feinstein (D-CA): net worth $45M
- Nancy Pelosi (D-CA): net worth $35.5M
- In fact, 7 of the top 10 wealthiest members of Congress are Democrats.
The Hill lists much more detail on the Top 50 wealthiest Congresscritters.
UPDATE 2: Added source link from Seattle Times to “evaded taxes” statement. Just to shut up @jakecovo.